Please find an update to additional formula’s being added to the Missouri APL. We have updated the WIC website with the below information.Attached is a copy of the new alternative formula chartthat retailers can post and have on hand at the checkout lanes. For questions contact Brandi Turnbough, WIC Retailer Manager at 573-751-8322
Additional Formulas Being Added to the APL on June 13, 2022:
Eleven (11) more formula alternative options will be available for WIC participants to purchase using their benefits starting June 13. The new alternatives are in small, medium, and large containers.
As a reminder:
* Small containers remove one (1) container from benefits.
* Medium containers remove 1.5 containers from benefits.
* Large containers remove 2 containers from benefits.
Similac Sensitive, Similac Total Comfort, Similac for Spit Up, and Similac Soy Isomil now have additional options.
The Temporary Formula Alternatives 6-13 show the changes going into effect on June 13. Please consider providing a copy of the chart to cashiers at checkout lanes and customer service desks. Remember to discard all previous charts as they will not be accurate on June 13.
* Please ensure you have the latest APL in use by all stores by June 13, 2022. The changes are noted on the updated Missouri WIC Abbott Recall Alternatives 6-13 spreadsheet.
* Please ensure point of sale systems are updated appropriately to allow formula alternatives during WIC transactions once the updated APL is applied.
* Please ensure your APL is updated daily so that any new or removed UPCs are included. For those retailers with a MobiWIC stand-beside device, if assistance is needed, please contact SoliSYSTEMS technical support at (214) 256-3083.
Alternative formulas and substitutions will continue to be offered until Abbott can replenish its formula stock at retailers to levels sufficient to meet the needs of WIC participants. This is anticipated to be through August 31, 2022 at this time. Please consider ordering additional stock of these formula brands and types to increase the supply available to WIC participants